- This event has passed.
Solidity Smart Contract Workshop (EVM)
May 8, 2023 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Solidity Smart Contract Workshop (EVM)
The instructor-led live Solidity Smart Contract Workshop (EVM) provides a firm understanding of Smart Contracts development using the Solidity programming language and the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM). You will demonstrate your ability to effectively build Ethereum Blockchain solutions for commercial deployment. This is a great live workshop for developers looking to advance their understanding and capability within the blockchain industry and web3 space. This workshop is the live component of the on-demand Solidity Smart Contract Developer (EVM) course.
Solidity Smart Contract Workshop (EVM) Learner Outcomes
- Certificate of Completion – Solidity Smart Contract Workshop (EVM)
- Preparation for the Certified Ethereum Developer Exam from the Blockchain Certification Association (BCA)
- You must also complete the Ethereum Developer Workshop to fully prepare for the BCA Certified Etherem Developer exam.
- Working as a developer building Blockchain and Web3 applications and the opportunity to achieve higher salaries (10% to 40% increase)
- Get hired over those with no Blockchain knowledge skillset
- Start a project of your own!
What’s covered in the Solidity Smart Contract Workshop (EVM) Workshop?
Overview of the Blockchain Smart Contracts and DApps.
- Smart Contract, DApp Tools and Developer Environment.
- DeFi : NFTs and Tokenization
Blockchain Technology Overview
- Smart Contracts
- Decentralized Applications
- Tokenization and DeFi
- Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM)
- Ethereum Development Tools
Solidity Development Language
- Contract Architecture
- Data Types
- Control Structures
Programming in Solidity using Remix
- Remix Console and Modules
- Remix Compiler
- Reusable Libraries
Smart Contract Exercies
- Developing the First Contract, summing integers
- Working with addresses
- Using enums to work with state conditions
- Using structs to create custom data types
- Making payments to other users
- Transfer Ether based on conditions
- Use ERC-20 standard to create fungible tokens
- Use the ERC-721 standard to create non-fungible tokens.
- Build an Ethereum-based DApp running as a web application.
The following include Solidity Smart Contract Workshop (EVM):
What is the Solidity programming language?
Solidity is an object-oriented programming language created specifically by the Ethereum Network team for constructing and designing smart contracts on Blockchain platforms. It’s used to create smart contracts that implement business logic and generate a chain of transaction records in the blockchain system.
What is the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM)?
Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) is a computation engine that acts like a decentralized computer that has millions of executable projects. It acts as the virtual machine which is the bedrock of Ethereum’s entire operating structure. It is considered to be part of Ethereum that runs execution and smart contract deployment. The role of the EVM is to deploy a number of extra functionalities to the Blockchain to ensure users face limited issues on the distributed ledger. Every Ethereum node runs on the EVM to maintain consensus across the blockchain. Ethereum facilitates something called smart contracts, a piece of code that is running on Ethereum.
EVM is completely isolated, meaning the code inside the EVM has no access to the network, file system, or other processes. Ethereum has two types of accounts: Externally Owned Accounts (EOA) and Contract Accounts, both of which are treated equally under the EVM. Account abstraction tries to reduce this to just one account, meaning both EOAs and Contract Accounts function like each other. Private keys control EOAs, meanwhile, contract accounts are stored in smart contracts, also known as smart wallets. A contract that is written in the smart-contract coding is converted into something called a bytecode.